Thursday, January 25, 2007

Butler Visiting Writers Series - Spring 2007

Butler University recently posted the schedule for its Vivian S. Delbrook Visiting Writers Series. The highlight this spring will be the last lecture, which will be given by Indianapolis native and literary legend Kurt Vonnegut. The lectures in the series are free, but tickets for the Vonnegut lecture will go quickly, so pick yours up early. I went to see British author Nick Hornby speak last spring. The talk included readings and a question/answer session. Hornby's visit was a fantastic event that drew a standing-room-only crowd.

For more details about the series, check out the Butler English Department's website.

5 comments:

Exit 465 said...

I'm ashamed to say that I've never read a Vonnegut. However, I recently checked Slaughterhouse Five out at the library, and I'm going to try to knock it out this weekend.

Jim said...

You're not alone, Chris. I've never read one of Vonnegut's books either. And, like you, I will read Slaughterhouse-Five, before he comes to town.

torporindy said...

I have read most of Vonnegut's books. I am interested to hear what you think of Slaughterhouse Five.

Exit 465 said...

Do you know when tickets to his speech will be available?

Jim said...

The Clowes Hall box office will begin offering them on March 9.