Thursday, April 26, 2007

Today's multiple choice quiz

Today, I received the following note:
Just as a reminder that as of May 1, 2007 the residence of [name of apartment complex] are no longer aloud to park in the parking lot to the north of the apartment building. The ICI parking lot.

Thank You
The foregoing was written by--

(a) My eight-year-old niece;
(b) Borat; or
(c) The temporary property manager of our apartment complex.

If you guessed (c), then you are (unfortunately) correct. Is the Hoosier State's brain drain problem worse than we estimated?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, that's not a brain drain problem, that's just a pure ignorance problem. I got the same memo and had exactly the same thoughts although mine were more along the lines of "How did this person actually get a job?"

Jim said...

The point of my brain drain comment was that our landlord seems to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for employees because more qualified candidates have probably left the state.

Sadly, writing like this in Indiana is commonplace today. Unfortunately, grade school and high school students are no longer given the number of intensive writing tasks that they used to be given.

torporindy said...

I loved this quiz.

Jason said...

Who ever wrote that was plagiarizing me! That was the opening paragraph to me college thesis!